Plan Room Estimator
Position Type: Full-Time
In a vast market covering several states, Seegars Fence Company is the largest provider of fencing and barrier security products in our region. The fencing and security construction market is evolving from what was considered mundane to more sophisticated higher end products. Seegars Fence plan room estimators are an important part of the Seegars team. This group is responsible for searching on-line plan rooms for bid opportunities, analyzing them, and then producing a customized bid package to the SFC branch offices with all of the fence related scope clearly outlined.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- A need to win and an aggressive spirit.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Have the ability to think quickly and problem solve.
- Must have superior computer skills (MS Office, Internet, and PDF Editor)
- Experience in reading blueprints, project specifications, detail drawings and addenda
- Must be self-motivated with strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Able to work well in a team environment where situations and demands change daily.
- Reports To: Plan Room Manager
- Teams With: Other plan room estimators and special fabrication estimators
Responsible for searching on-line plan rooms for bid opportunities, analyzing them, and then producing a customized bid package to the offices with all of the fence related scope clearly outlined, while focusing on the company’s mission of “Providing quality fence installations and build relationships that last a lifetime.”
- Demonstrate the Seegars Fence Company Core Values daily.
- Must maintain First Aid, CPR certifications (and others required for equipment operation)
- Insures that the Seegars Fence plan room policies for quality control are strictly followed to insure accurate and reliable plans and specifications are delivered timely to the SFC branch offices.
- Searches online plan rooms daily for newly listed projects and addenda to existing plans.
- Thoroughly reviews project plans and specifications, highlighting fence, hand rail, guardrail, gates, access control systems, and other miscellaneous metal requirements.
- Responsible for providing SFC branch estimators with thorough and timely bid packages, to enable them to produce accurate and competitive bids.
- Constantly observes the various processes and seeks improvement in both safety and efficiency.
- Arrive to work on time and dress professionally
- Maintaining a clean and presentable office
- Every applicant must undergo pre-employment background check and drug screen. If hired, Updates are required annually.